25th intake starts July 2018 – apply EARLY !
- 18-month program fully accredited by Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada
- Enriched, highly focused curriculum
- 94% success rate on National Dental Hygiene Certification Board exam
- Hundreds successful graduates working in Canada, USA, Europe, Australia, etc.
- HRDC “Second Career” may pay for your tuition*
- Dedicated faculty with strong academic and clinical background
- Respectful & supportive environment
- State-of-the-art equipped clinic (Panoramic/Digital)
- Direct access to the subway
- Financial Assistance available to those who qualify
- OSSD – Ontario Secondary School Diploma 30 Credits (General/Advanced Level)
- Grade 12 Equivalency – GED Certificate in English, Biology, Chemistry, or Physics
- Grade 12 English
- Grade 11 Biology and Grade 11 or 12 in Chemistry and/or Physics
Applicants who have met the minimum academic requirements shall contact the school to schedule a Personal Interview and Pre-Admission Aptitude Test* (if applicable).
In order to be considered for entry into the program, prospective students are required to submit official copies of all transcripts, including high school and all other records of academic work along with the completed APLUS Institute Application for Admission Form.
The personal interview is required and is considered an essential part of the admissions process providing potential students the opportunity to articulate their background, knowledge, experiences, and interest in dental hygiene.
Criteria for Selection
Admissions Committee selects candidates primarily on the basis of academic record in high school or college, PAAT scores (if applicable), letter(s) of recommendation, and interview results.
Applicant’s motivation to pursue a career in dental hygiene, familiarity with the dental field, extracurricular interests, career goals and leadership potential are also taken in consideration.
Applicants are evaluated using established criteria without regard to national origin, colour, race, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender.
The Admissions Committee issues Offers of Admission to the successful applicants on a rolling basis. Accepted candidates are required to make a deposit of $500 (credited to the first semester tuition payment) within 30 days after Offer of Admission is received.
Since the number of qualified applicants usually exceeds the number of available positions, attaining minimum qualifications does not ensure admission. Applicants not receiving initial acceptances are placed on a waiting list and ranked according to their priority score.
APLUS Institute Dental Hygiene Program is approved under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005. Fully accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada and registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
Q: What is the average GPA?
A: minimum overall academic average of 70% calculated on Eng (12), Bio (11) and Chem (11)
Q: How many people apply?
A: Usually around 200.
Q: Where do I find the application?
A: You can download the Application for Admission
Q: Can I shadow current Dental Hygiene students?
A: You can set up an appointment through the Office of Admissions at 416.222.0500
Q: Is experience important?
A: Experience is important. If you have not shadowed a Dental Hygienist, volunteered, or worked in a dental office, it is highly encouraged that you do. The program is rigorous and it is important to know that Dental Hygiene is the right career for you.
Q: Can I work while I’m in the program?
A: Yes, you can work, but due to the demands of the program, it is not advisable
Q: What is the cost of the Dental Hygiene program?
A: Though costs vary from year to year, please refer to Fee Schedule. You can expect that costs for books, the instrument kit, and personal protective equipment will change somewhat from year to year.
Q: Are there benefits to attending an accredited Dental Hygiene education program versus a non-accredited Dental Hygiene education program?
A: The benefits to attending an accredited program include:
1. Accredited Dental Hygiene educational programs have demonstrated their ability to meet CDAC accreditation requirements;
2. Graduates of accredited Dental Hygiene educational programs automatically qualify to write the National Dental Hygiene Certification Board (NDHCB) examination.
3. Graduates of accredited Dental Hygiene educational programs are not required to do the clinical exam.
APLUS Institute Dental Hygiene School in Toronto
APLUS Institute is here to help you with the admissions process for our dental hygiene school in Toronto!
We have a thorough criteria selection process that includes a personal interview and an aptitude test.
We want our students to be passionate about dental hygiene. Ensthusiatic, caring and competent graduates are ideal healthcare professionals and dental team members
*If your overall academic average calculated on Eng (Grade 12), Bio (Grade 11 or 12) and Chem (Grade 11 or 12) is over 70% you may be exempt from the Pre-Admission Aptitude Test.
Get started by contacting our Toronto dental hygiene program admissions department now! Take hold of your future today. We’re here to help!
With the aging population (due to the “baby boomer” generation) taking over the majority of our society, dental hygienist program is an amazing career choice! Get your head start now by applying to APLUS Institute, one of the leading dental hygiene programs in the Toronto area and GTA, and watch your career as a dental hygienist takes off!
APLUS Institute will provide you with the foundation for working with young clients, seniors, culturally diversed populations and clients with special needs.