APLUS Institute Dental Hygiene Program Admissions
37th intake starts in July 2024 – ALREADY WAITLISTED !
38th intake starts in January 2025 – APPLY NOW!
39th intake starts in July 2025 – APPLY EARLY!
Admissions to our January 2025 are now open – apply NOW !
Our July 2024 intake is already WAITLISTED
APLUS Institute Dental Hygiene Graduates scored 100% on the NDHCB exam in May 2023!
No seats are available for Jan-Jun 2024 semester for TRANSFER STUDENTS.
- 18-month program fully accredited by Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada
- Enriched, highly focused curriculum
- 100% success rate on National Dental Hygiene Certification Board exam (Oct 2020, January 2021, May 2021, May 2023)
- Hundreds successful graduates working in Canada, USA, Europe, Australia, etc. (100% of graduates found a job immediately upon passing the NDHCB)
- HRDC “Second Career” may pay for your tuition*
- Dedicated faculty with strong academic and clinical background
- Respectful & supportive environment
- State-of-the-art equipped clinic (Panoramic/Digital)
- Direct access to the subway
- Financial Assistance available to those who qualify
Minimum Academic Requirements
- OSSD – Ontario Secondary School Diploma 30 Credits (General/Advanced Level)
- Grade 12 Equivalency – GED Certificate in English, Biology, Chemistry, or Physics
- Grade 12 English
- Grade 11 Biology and Grade 11 or 12 in Chemistry and/or Physics
Criteria for Selection
Criteria for selection are based on academic credentials and/or non-academic requirements, and only well-qualified applicants who presented the most competitive and complete applications are selected for admission.
Admissions Committee selects candidates primarily on the basis of academic record in high school or college, PAAT scores (if applicable), letter(s) of recommendation, and admission interview results.
Applicant’s motivation to pursue a career in dental hygiene, familiarity with the dental field, extracurricular interests, career goals and leadership potential are also taken in consideration.
Applicants are evaluated using established criteria without regard to national origin, colour, race, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender.
The Admissions Committee issues Offers of Admission to the successful applicants on a rolling basis. Accepted candidates are required to make a $500 deposit (credited to the first semester tuition payment) within 30 days after Offer of Admission is received.
Since the number of qualified applicants usually exceeds the number of available positions, attaining minimum qualifications does not ensure admission. Applicants not receiving initial acceptances are placed on a waiting list and ranked according to their priority score.
In order to be considered for entry into the program, prospective students are required to submit official copies of all transcripts, including high school and all other records of academic work along with the completed APLUS Institute Application for Admission Form.
Applicants who have met the minimum academic requirements will be contacted to schedule an Admission Interview and to write our Pre-Admission Aptitude Test* (if applicable).
For applicants that completed their education outside of Canada, their transcripts must be evaluated by WES, ICAS, or CES, and an English Language Proficiency Test provided (if applicable).
Applicants that provide all of the required documentation will be contacted via email within 5 business days.
The admission interview is required and is considered an essential part of the admissions process providing potential students the opportunity to articulate their background, knowledge, experiences, and interest in dental hygiene.
APLUS Institute Dental Hygiene Program is approved under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005. Fully accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many students do you accept?
What is the average GPA?
How many people apply?
Where do I find the application?
Is experience important?
Can I work while I’m in the program?
What is the cost of the Dental Hygiene program?
Are there benefits to attending an accredited Dental Hygiene education program versus a non-accredited Dental Hygiene education program?
1. Accredited Dental Hygiene educational programs have demonstrated their ability to meet CDAC accreditation requirements.
2. Graduates of accredited Dental Hygiene educational programs automatically qualify to write the National Dental Hygiene Certification Board (NDHCB) examination.
3. Graduates of accredited Dental Hygiene educational programs are not required to do the clinical exam.
More Dental Hygiene Program admission Information
We have a thorough criteria selection process that includes a personal interview and an aptitude test.
We want our students to be passionate about dental hygiene. Enthusiastic, caring and competent graduates are ideal healthcare professionals and dental team members.
*If your overall academic average calculated on Eng (Grade 12), Bio (Grade 11 or 12) and Chem (Grade 11 or 12) is over 70% you may be exempt from the Pre-Admission Aptitude Test.
Get started by contacting our Dental Hygiene Program admissions department now! Take hold of your future today. We’re here to help!
With the aging population (due to the “baby boomer” generation), investing in your future to become a Dental Hygienist is an amazing career choice! Get your head start now by applying to APLUS Institute, one of the leading dental hygiene colleges in the Toronto area and GTA, and watch your career as a dental hygienist takes off!
APLUS Institute will provide you with the foundation for working with young clients, seniors, culturally diverse populations and clients with special needs.